1. Changing the height of a storey
How to change the height of all masses, rooms, walls, etc in a project Amritha Krishnan
Storeys are Snaptrude's method of organizing level or floor information. For example Ground Floor or Level 1 is Storey 1 in Snaptrude. Each Storey has a base height, which is set automatically, and a floor to floor height associated with it.
Click on the Storeys tab in the right panel. Scroll to the storey you want to change the height of.
In the textbox next to the Storey, type in the new storey height. The storey height is updated and all the rooms on the storey are updated to the new height.
Minimum possible storey height is 2100 mm, i.e., storey height cannot be reduced to less than 2100 mm.
In BIM mode, updating storey height increases the height of all the unedited walls, without affecting doors, windows, any massing or elevation objects or slab and flooring thicknesses.
The rooms/ spaces that are not updated on changing storey height are:
Spaces with predefined heights like balconies, terraces, site, road, decks, water bodies retain their predefined heights on changing the storey height.
Rooms that have been edited vertically, i.e., edit face, edge or vertex in the vertical direction, or have been extruded or scaled in the vertical direction retain their edited geometry.
Note that updating storey heights may update the storey assignments of some mezzanine rooms.
Did this answer your question?
5. Edit rooms without changing their storey assignment
5. Edit rooms without changing their storey assignment How rooms, their size and geometry can be edited while the room remains on the same storey Amritha Krishnan The storey a room or space belongs to is determined by the vertical location of the ...
2. Modelling double and triple height spaces
2. Modelling double and triple height spaces How to model double, triple and unique height spaces or rooms, and how these spaces fit into the Storeys organisation Amritha Krishnan The height of a room or space typically is determined by the height of ...
Create parametric staircase
Create parametric staircase Place Straight, Dog-legged, Open well, L shaped and Square staircases. Customise riser, tread, width and number of steps Amritha Krishnan You can create staircases by simply clicking on one of the predefined types from the ...
1. Modelling mezzanines and split level layouts
1. Modelling mezzanines and split level layouts How to model mezzanine spaces or rooms, and how these spaces fit into the Storeys organisation Amritha Krishnan The storey a room or space belongs to is determined by the vertical location of the base ...
3. Modelling low walled spaces and balconies
3. Modelling low walled spaces and balconies How to model balconies, verandahs, spaces with parapet or half height walls, and how these spaces fit into the Storeys organisation Amritha Krishnan The height of a room or space is typically determined by ...